Thank you for your interest in the Georgia Appalachian Trail Club. We desire to build an active membership, and so we ask that prospective members participate in club activities prior to becoming full members.
Please keep in mind that the GATC is an all volunteer organization. Our membership director does her best to respond quickly, but please plan for a response time of 3-5 days, and plan accordingly for upcoming activities and orientations.
Membership is open to everyone who shares the Club's commitment to the Appalachian Trail and is interested in the club's activities. There are three types of membership:
- Single Membership for those 18 years of age or older
- Joint Membership for those 18 years of age or older (two members at the same household address)
- Junior Membership for those 14-17 years of age
To become a member of the GATC you must first participate in the Club's activities as a prospective member. To qualify for membership, you must participate in three GATC-sponsored activities within a twelve month period including:
- Prospective member orientation meeting
- Trail maintenance trip
- Club activity of your choice, such as a hike
The activities can be completed in any order - it is not necessary to attend the orientation prior to participating in other activities.
To become a prospective member, please complete and submit the Prospective Member Application.
Once membership requirements have been met, please submit a New Member Application.
Prospective member orientation meetings in 2014 will be held on the following dates. Please contact the Membership Director for information on locations and times.
- January 23 -- Thursday evening, Norcross
- March 20 -- Thursday evening, Cumming
- June 7 -- Saturday, in conjunction with National Trails Day (during the day, likely in a north Georgia location)
- August 21 -- Thursday evening, Blairsville
- Oct 11 -- Saturday morning, in conjunction with the GATC Annual Business Meeting, Dahlonega